Miscelaneous thoughts what I mailed to my pals. But once after completed I want to share with all people who ever interested.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bapatla Engineering College, India - First Batch 1981 - 85

Hi friends,

Spare me a few minutes. This is PIDI SRINU. Do not say pidi who? If I say am Jaladi Srinivasa Rao also I do not think you folks recollect me either. So let me call myself like Pidi Srinu of first batch mechanical engineering student in Bapatla Engineering College 1981 - 85.

I was searching for my professor KVK on net and learnt that my prof and his MTech class mates are planning to meet at IIT Khargapur in December 2008. There is a thread in circulation in his classmates circle under the heading "Jab We Met..- not the movie". So I thought why can't I also contact a few of my pals or circulate a thread. My ultimate goal is to do something constructive for the community or for the society.

As such am taking liberty in sending a mail to those people am able to collect their mail ID's. If by chance - this reaches a wrong person ignore it. Otherwise reaches a right person and not interested to be disturbed spare me but not chide me. Why so? Few years back when I was traveling in a railway compartment with my mom I came across a college junior. I tried to talk to her but got a cold reception. later my mom chided me for talking to a lady - usually as all mothers do. Mom am sorry think I did a mistake that time.

So right now also am scared to say Hi. But down under the line 23 years - I think it is safe for me now to say Hi. (Mom believe me this time am not talking to a lady but only mailing to a few oldies. Accept the fun pals). By the way how are you professor? Still bitter about me for talking to you in that compartment two decades back? Learnt you have published so many papers and teaching so much to all young guys and gals. Wish my kid also become a student of yours and unfortunately she got a rank of 6840 this year and do not get a seat in your university. Think she takes after her father who could not get a seat after attempting the entrance twice and later purchased a seat in BEC. Hey do not reveal this secret to me - am most of the times under the impression that I am a great scholar and you people are unable to recognise it.

Unfortunately I could not meet my college friends when an opportunity came my way two years back as Vallabhaneni Satish asked me to attend a get to gather arranged at Vijayawada Bhavani resorts. Am sorry I could not attend it. I was searching the net rather pouring through it and came across a few people of BEC and learnt interesting things. From our college students and that too from the first two batches- there are people from contractors to engineering college owners, College HODs and Professors to Industrialists, Non resident Indians to only resident Indians. As far for me to quote from the words of our then reader Mr. DVR - I set up and ruining a small scale industry. No spelling mistake you have read it correctly. (In my roommate words "a guy working hard for the sake of a work shop to make it and its people sustain ". B ava how dare ? When both of us meet I decided to quote Sri Sri poem "I" from Maha Prasthanam. So any crazy idea of meeting me - drop it now).

My nephew was a student of a famous Engineering college in Vijayawada and I told him that his present head of the department was a classmate of mine. My nephew Teja wondered "How come - my HOD is from electronics and a doctorate and is highly intellectual, a would-be principal of a very big engineering college and .. you". May be his idea is am not big enough to be a classmate to his HOD. What a pity? Well dear professor what shall I say? I advise you to vouch for me yar.

I want to know "the auspicious stone outside our workshop lab" on which I got a sentiment that whoever sit before the exam they will good marks bol ke. Is it still there pals? Am completely nostalgic and trying to go back into the past ........rewind - twenty five years back......Do not wake me up or try to bring me to the present...

Cheers

J S Rao.

PS : Are you interested in joining a net community of BEC, or interested in putting your details and mail id in that? If yes let me have your concurrence. I wish good luck to all of you folks.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

srinu,
this is sekhar.
write to me at
sekharmanne@hotmail.com or provide me your phone numbers.

JS said...

Wow. Sekhar got you at last. The man who gave me the nick name of PIDI. Thanks Sekhar - JS

Anonymous said...

Hi Srinivas garu,

When I was searching with "Bapatala Engineering College" in net, I got the link to your post. I did my Btech from BEC(batch 2002-06).....

As per your question, No, There is no stones present infront of workshop now!! As you can imagine, the infrastructure of the college has got hell lot of changes and is being regarded as one of the best in our state.

JS said...

Yeah - I expected it. The last time I visited BEC in 1986. I wonder when we studied there. Lot many changes in infrastructure and technology front. Phew but my daughter is also studying Drawing same N D Bhat with a drafter still...

Anonymous said...

Pidi Srinu,
It's long time to here a familiar name and with good thoughts.
I am Shajruddin , in the same batch.
I am in Atlanta now.

My email id:mshaji@bellsouth.net

JS said...

Hi Shajruddin - am ME 32, my roomate ME 34 and if am right Satti is ME 28. Am trying to get your roll number and cursing my poor remembrance. Help me.Regards - JS

Unknown said...

Hai Srinivas
This is I SRINIVASA REDDY
Hope you will recollect.
My mail is sreenuinduri@yahoo.co.in

JS said...

Wow Srinivas. My blog made three of my classmates contact me almost after 25 years. Nice to be in touch with you ISR

About Me

At times I feel have learnt enough being in the industry for two decades. Of late learnt what I know is just nothing - It is a hard earned truth.