Miscelaneous thoughts what I mailed to my pals. But once after completed I want to share with all people who ever interested.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Defeat, defeat how cruel you are?

Else where in my blog I wrote "Ask a failed man how he failed, so that he can explain at length, but not a man who has succeeded because he do not know how he was successful". Is this statement correct? Few weeks back I was watching a tennis match of Wimbledon - gentlemen's final 2009 between Swiss FEDEX Vs Yankee Andy Roddic. What a match it was? I was biting my nails, watching the volleys, deuces, tie breakers, games, sets and both the sport men’s struggle to win that match at any cost. No doubt it was a clash of titans and a match to be remembered for years to come.

Finally it was ended with the highest ever games fought in a grand slam - if am right about the records. My heart bleeded for Andy Roddic for his defeat. I have not seen (or missed) tears in the eyes of Roger Fedarer (unlike when he won the title at Rolland Garrows) or in the eyes of defeated Roddic other than greatest disappointment. To compensate that situation I have tears in my eyes which I want to hide in front of my daughter because she may think that am emotionally weak bol ke. (Incidentally even with books also, still after reading the same book so many times I will have tears in my eyes and one such book to quote is "A train to Pakistan" by Mr.Kushwanth Singh).

I do not know that I will have tears in my eyes for a tennis match fought by two non Indian players. I asked myself later so many times, what made me to move in such a way? The answer is the defeat in such a fashion. I know how it hurts when you loose something after coming to the verge of winning the match and after fighting savagely for more than four and half hours or so. when Roddic commented "But I tried Pete..." for the greatest player Pete Sampras watching from the stands, every body watching that match know what he meant by saying "I tried..." and how he tried to win the match.

My daughter who is also there in front of the TV watching that match asked why am I disappointed? She knows to whom my respect goes to because of my moist eyes. It is not for the defeat as we all know that no looser will ever respected but for the way Andy Roddic has accepted the defeat and responded later. Am sure we will all have a few occasions of watching this final in years to come under the golden moments of Wimbledon. At the same time we have to bow for Fedarer without loosing his patience fought and won the match.

Any defeat is cruel and merciless and how a person takes it is more important. Some take it gracefully and some do not accept it and blame it on everybody including the empires, judges and deciders. A few examples to quote is the reality shows on different TV channels. At times it is boring to see people weeping for a defeat in those shows. To help this situation I think anchors are also trying their level best to build up the tempo for the elimination round. I have left these shows for good and resumed my old habit of reading books. I forgot to mention here that I watched a few of the elimination rounds of a recent Swayamvara - a different cup of tea to taste. So in this for somebody who is eliminated can we say that he is defeated? I do not know and somebody comment on this.

Also in another channel there is a contest (I do not know what it is to be termed a game show or a reality show) to win in that you have to tell the truth in the presence of your family members. They ask you few questions which will pain you. I was told a few families are already broken by this. Good for us. We deserve what we want. Participation in this is a devils alternative in my perception. Here it is not the question of loosing or gaining but probing the inner thoughts and confess with a poly graph machine connected to you. This contest, I think has opened a Pandora's Box. Let much discussion go on this show and hope the muddy waters will be settled. Even though these channels are commercial, I hope human beings are there behind these concepts and are they not listening what India is saying? Mera Bharat Mahan.......

No comments:

About Me

At times I feel have learnt enough being in the industry for two decades. Of late learnt what I know is just nothing - It is a hard earned truth.